How to look good on Zoom
March 1, 2021Zoom
So... you want to know how to look professional on Zoom?
Here are 8 tips to keep in mind:
- Mute your mic when you aren't speaking
- Use video as much as you possibly can
- Rather than verbal agreements (aha, hmmm etc) nod your head, give thumbs up
- Move your camera so that no-one is looking up your nose or just seeing your forehead. Take up at least 3/4 of the screen with your head and shoulders
- Think about what is behind you, lighting and setting
- Dress like you are working. No one wants to see your pyjamas
- Remember you are on video - we can see you typing an email or looking at your phone. Be present!!
- One that I would add is even if you are sharing a deck for most of the call always start and finish on video. It makes it much easier to connect.
By the way...
If you don't want to bother with all this, we can do it for you.